Home' Greymouth Star : January 7th 2019 Contents Greymouth Star
Monday, January 7, 2019 - 9
ARIES (Mar 21-Apr 19): Most people will seek
knowledge on topics they enjoy, but it’s the
people who also take the time to learn about
topics they don’t agree with who will build
the most empathy, awareness and character.
TAURUS (Apr 20-May 20): Those who try to impress you
may be honest, excited people, or they may be
accidentally showing they are inexperienced
and eager to gain some experience on your
dime. Either way might work just fine.
GEMINI (May 21-Jun 21): Your support system is one of
mutuality. Right now, you’re so needed you
don’t get to be needy. It feels good to test
your strength, though, because you’re finding
out that you’re stronger than you thought.
CANCER (Jun 22-Jul 22): Nothing boosts your ego today
like the feeling of being useful to others. Of
course, it helps if they let you know how much
of a difference you make, but the appreciation,
if you get it, is only the cherry on top.
LEO (Jul 23-Aug 22): You’re sensitive now, which
makes your ride down the road of life a
little more exciting than it has been lately.
The speed bumps feel like mountains, the
potholes like valleys.
VIRGO (Aug 23-Sep 22): The main action centres around
the best kind of dilemma – the kind that’s
easily solved once you put your mind to it.
Note that you don’t need to buy anything extra
to do this. You already have all you need.
LIBRA (Sep 23-Oct 23): You’ll do many of the same
things you’ve been doing, but you’ll have a
breakthrough with your approach that makes
the action easier, more loving and more
SCORPIO (Oct 24-Nov 21): When you include others in
your plans, you increase the energy flow. This
“inclusion” could be as simple as telling them
what you’re doing so they might ask about it
later. Publicity keeps you accountable.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov 22-Dec 21): The visionary cannot
see the future that exists, because the future
doesn’t exist until the visionary imagines it
and begins building toward that vision.
CAPRICORN (Dec 22-Jan 19): There are many
currencies beyond money. Money is not even
the stablest currency, as all of its value is
assigned and can be easily lessened – unlike
emotional currencies, which hold their own.
AQUARIUS (Jan 20-Feb 18): If you don’t celebrate your
accomplishments, you will be demotivated
to do more. So this is not the step to skip.
That said, the celebration needn’t be big. One
ritual might be enough to bolster your joy.
PISCES (Feb 19-Mar 20): Knowing what you do
about the uplifting power of generosity and
its beneficial effects on the giver, letting
someone serve you might be the best way to
help someone feel good today.
Fill the grid so that every column, every row and 3x3 box contains the digits 1 to 9.
Across: 1. Caves 4. Plastic 8. Inter 9. Pop-star 10. Bar
11. Cheerless 12. None 13. Trim 18. Reverence 20. Ass
21. Suggest 22. Osier 23. Scenery 24. There
Down: 1. Climbing roses 2. Veteran 3. Strict 4. Puppet
5. Ampere 6. Title 7. Christmas tree 14. Realise 15. Breeze
16. Knotty 17. Deport 19. Vague
1. Sort of computer allows one to poke around with STD (7)
5. A misgiving as to unequal measure being partial (5)
8. Without natural light or heat, if not to follow the South (7)
9. Is annoyed to find king in dire trouble (5)
10. Less than keen to run at Celt like this (9)
12. Give it to listen to a bit of corn (3)
13. Bird may be born to take one in (5)
17. The killer-whale appeared in Bangor, certainly (3)
19. Dancer’s leap shown by National Theatre teacher (9)
21. Pass out aft in disorder (5)
22. Design part ten can adapt to (7)
24. Prepared to have some money handy (5)
25. Feeble old dodo lost tail dyer twisted (7)
1. A wish to reside in turmoil (6)
2. Garment for an unmarried aunt finally (7)
3. Big one may be capped in the boot (3)
4. Macaroni and the like Father sat around with (5)
5. Release from quiet can’t be arranged (9)
6. Joint may be lean around end of week (5)
7. Up-to-date men do turn right round (6)
11. Woodwork such as parent might cry about (9)
14. Sportsman of the late variety (7)
15. Force the North to come round and consult together (6)
16. Mean to wound one like an insect on tummy finally (6)
18. Porcelain may be used to put cha in (5)
20. Gave up diet including pie-topping that was hardly warm (5)
23. A small amount of data endlessly turned over (3)
1. Playing a part (6)
5. Nab (6)
9. Inhumed (6)
10. Having a rank taste or
11. Mass violence (4)
12. Limitless (8)
14. Platitude (6)
16. Rubble (6)
19. Crack in a glacier (8)
21. Host (4)
22. Smells (6)
23. Mean (6)
24. Saturated (6)
25. Ingenious device (6)
2. Vital (7)
3. Foolish (7)
4. Piety (9)
6. Giraffe-like animal (5)
7. More fortunate (7)
8. Blushes (7)
13. Moving restlessly (9)
14. Enfolds (7)
15. Extremely chilled (3,4)
17. Bragged (7)
18. Massive (7)
20. Concur (5)
Across: 1. Dice 3. Cul-de-sac 9. Written 10. Shrub
11. Playing hooky 14. Ash 16. Slain 17. Sop 18. Crystal
clear 21. Among 22. Cleaned 23. Cenotaph 24. Misc
Down: 1. Downplay 2. China 4. Urn 5. Disconnected
6. Strokes 7. Cube 8. At first sight 12. Guava 13. Sporadic
15. Harpoon 19. Ennui 20. Talc 22. Cap
Puzzles and horoscopes
Previous cryptic solution
Previous quick solution
Simon Shuker’s Code Cracker
Insert the missing letter to complete
an eight-letter word reading
clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Previous solution: SOLDIERS
How many words of three or more
letters, including plurals, can you make
from the e letters, using each letter
only once? No foreign words or words
beginning with a capital are allowed.
here s at least one e letter word.
Good 9 Ve ry Good 13 Excellent 15
Previous solution: ens, est, ins, inset,
its, nest, net, nets, nit, nits, sei, sen,
sent, set, sin, sine, sit, site, snit, stein,
tein, teins, ten, tens, tie, ties, tin, tine,
Links Archive January 5th 2019 January 8th 2019 Navigation Previous Page Next Page