Home' Greymouth Star : January 16th 2019 Contents Greymouth Star
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 9
ARIES (Mar 21-Apr 19): You may think you don’t need
to be appreciated – that your ego is small
enough and your spirit big enough not
to require validation along the way – but
appreciation is vital. Go where it flows.
TAURUS (Apr 20-May 20): You help people upgrade
their situation whether or not their scene is
within your expertise. You ask the questions
that get people thinking. You listen well,
reflecting back what you hear.
GEMINI (May 21-Jun 21): You already know that the
way to accomplish big things is to do small
things on a consistent basis. And today you’ll
get a better idea about what those small
steps really need to be.
CANCER (Jun 22-Jul 22): There are a few bad
influences around. These may be forces that
aren’t going anywhere soon. They’re just a
part of the landscape right now, giving you
good reason to keep yourself in check.
LEO (Jul 23-Aug 22): Relationships get a longer look.
You’ll notice how behaviours change, but
what doesn’t change is the fundamental
dynamic of the relationship, and there are
insights to be gained through examining that.
VIRGO (Aug 23-Sep 22): Consider the actions that make
up your routine. Habits are like compound
interest. They may not seem significant to the
bottom line over the course of a day, but over
time they are enormously consequential.
LIBRA (Sep 23-Oct 23): Most problems you encounter
get solved with a commonly known solution.
Problems that prove resistant to the usual
solutions will require patience, awareness,
and nuance – all available to you now.
SCORPIO (Oct 24-Nov 21): Emotional labour has always
been a main component of the labour force that
makes the world go around, though this work
is often invisible and unacknowledged. But
today, you’ll get props for your contribution.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov 22-Dec 21): There are many things
you could take issue with, and you would have
in the past, but now you’re too focused on
what matters, to bother with them. It’s a sign
of how far you’ve come.
CAPRICORN (Dec 22-Jan 19): Maybe it doesn’t seem
like a lot of progress, or harm, is occurring.
But what would happen if this state
continued daily? The trajectory will matter
more than net results of any given day.
AQUARIUS (Jan 20-Feb 18): What is the point of a book
club where people don’t read the book? Many
value the group and yet don’t want to put in
the intellectual rigor. This is a metaphor for
the dynamic you deal with today.
PISCES (Feb 19-Mar 20): On a scientific level, the world
you know is created inside your mind, as it’s
the only way our brains can process it. Today
works this way: You will yourself to let in
more light, beauty and joy and so it happens.
Fill the grid so that every column, every row and 3x3 box contains the digits 1 to 9.
Across: 1. Concealment 8. Overtake 9. Gala 10. Drown
13. Sari 16. Stay 17. Omen 18. Apes 20. Adapt 24. Cape
25. Sentence 26. Number-plate
Down: 2. Oxen 3. Cater 4. Askew 5. Edges 6. Morris-
dance 7. Marionettes 11. Opera 12. Norma 14. Army
15. Bare 19. Steam 21. Drear 22. Petal 23. Knit
1. A more angry shade of red (6)
8. This town is the oriental area, not the pottery (5)
9. Film shot will not be successful in the trophy (5-2)
11. Three painted panels used to try pitch out (8)
12. Show off a pen at the end of the week (5)
15. Caustic earth or fruit of the linden (4)
16. 1,009 to blend in (3)
17. So friendly to the drug-taker perhaps (4)
19. Shining with heat, it makes the law go wrong (5)
21. Rashness I met with, changing tyre (8)
24. At a previous time be recumbent in the rear perhaps (7)
25. It’s an alternative form of dye (5)
26. Sounding like cattle that come out first in the log (6)
2. Permit a driver under instruction to sound like a cow (5)
3. To unearth one Red isn’t complicated (8)
4. It was a party: can you put it to flight? (4)
5. Policeman in the Southeast has room to manoeuvre (5)
6. A very little can start to yawn (4)
7. It’s a party: can you beat it? (4)
10. Assert how it capered about (9)
12. Is there no other fish in Dover? (4)
13. There’s no going upstairs to bed here (8)
14. The crop of corn starts uncooked (4)
18. He’s an eccentric who will wind away at the engine (5)
20. Such a lot of water for canoe to negotiate (5)
21. Last of the draught to request a job (4)
22. Cat gets back up around a castle ditch (4)
23. It’s a boat, y’all hear? (4)
1. Duty list (4)
3. Unnecessary (8)
9. Pirate (7)
10. Arc (5)
11. Stirrer (12)
13. Tended, cared for (6)
15. Hang around (6)
17. Dated (3-2 -7)
20. Zodiac sign (5)
21. Point of view (7)
22. Fashion industry (3,5)
23. Look lecherously (4)
1. Repeating from memory (8)
2. Trunk (5)
4. Deserved (6)
5. Autocracy (12)
6. Sincere (7)
7. Pace (4)
8. Demagogue (6-6)
12. Munitions (8)
14. Waking (7)
16. Bear the cost of (6)
18. Cake topping (5)
19. Light-haired (4)
Across: 1. Carelessly 7. Learn 8. Wounded 10. Careworn
11. Mega 13. Mutter 15. Lesser 17. Garb 18. Vocation
21. Courier 22. Ozone 23. Challenges
Down: 1. Chair 2. Renowned 3. Lowers 4. Slur 5. Ledgers
6. Black magic 9. Dead ringer 12. Get along 14. Through
16. Coarse 19. Icons 20. Pill
Previous cryptic solution
Previous quick solution
Simon Shuker’s Code Cracker
Insert the missing letter to complete
an eight-letter word reading
clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Previous solution: RETORTED
Puzzles and horoscopes
How many words of three or more
letters, including plurals, can you make
from the e letters, using each letter
only once? No foreign words or words
beginning with a capital are allowed.
here s at least one e letter word.
Good 12 Very Good 17 Excellent 23
Previous solution: enter, ere, erne,
nee, net, rent, ret, rete, tee, teen, ten,
tern, terne, tree, treen
Links Archive January 15th 2019 January 17th 2019 Navigation Previous Page Next Page