Home' Greymouth Star : January 17th 2019 Contents Greymouth Star
Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 9
ARIES (Mar 21-Apr 19): You’re ready to let old things go
– mostly to do with unwanted possessions.
But stale emotional content will go too, as
though such things are invisibly tethered to
the physical items, maybe they are.
TAURUS (Apr 20-May 20): Though following another
person’s path will teach you the way, eventually
you’ll either take it over and claim it as your
own or venture off on a new path. Ultimately,
you’re most powerful when it’s your path.
GEMINI (May 21-Jun 21): Your parents have defined
you in a certain way. Your friends in another.
Even your pet defines you as “disperser of
food and treats.” The only definition that
matters? Your own. Let it grow and change.
CANCER (Jun 22-Jul 22): People will go very far to give
off the appearance of control, especially if
they actually do not have as much of it as
they would like. Someone is trying a little too
hard. Now why do you think that is?
LEO (Jul 23-Aug 22): This day is tinged in drama that may
include tantrums and general bad behaviour. It
which would be easy to categorically reject but
there’s also wisdom to be gained if you look a
little further into cause and motivation.
VIRGO (Aug 23-Sep 22): It may seem like a few errands
eat up the whole day. Furthermore, this
doesn’t fit the image you have of how you’d
prefer to spend your hours today.
LIBRA (Sep 23-Oct 23): There’s one area in which
you’re really quite stuck. It’s time to get
creative about the problem. Start by tackling
a smaller part of the issue and shrinking your
standard for what counts as progress.
SCORPIO (Oct 24-Nov 21): You can do the thing alone
but it’s going to take you so long and be so
arduous that by the time you finish, your
attitude will have soured. So include people.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov 22-Dec 21): Everyone’s got their
own insecurities, fears, secrets... whatever it
is, you’re definitely not the first, last or only
person to deal with it. To share would cut
your suffering in half.
CAPRICORN (Dec 22-Jan 19): You think you know what
you’re good at, but test it anyway. You might
be surprised how things have shifted since
you last looked. The more accurate you can
be in your assessment, the faster you’ll learn.
AQUARIUS (Jan 20-Feb 18): You may not want the extra
pressure of being the leader, but if you don’t
share your vision and ideas, everyone will
suffer, mostlyl you. Don’t hoard your talents.
PISCES (Feb 19-Mar 20): Everyone in the group has
a different role. You feel that someone
isn’t pulling a fair share of the weight, and
this may be true, but all do not have to be
contributing the same amount for this to
work extremely well.
Fill the grid so that every column, every row and 3x3 box contains the digits 1 to 9.
Across: 1. Madder 8. China 9. Close-up 11. Triptych
12. Swank 15. Lime 16. Mix 17. User 19. Aglow
21. Temerity 24. Earlier 25. Stain 26. Lowing.
Down: 2. Allow 3. Disinter 4. Rout 5. Scope 6. Tiny
7. Bash 10. Predicate 12. Sole 13. Bungalow 14. Craw
8. Crank 20. Ocean 21. Task 22. Moat 23. Yawl
1. Formal declaration might induce nation to change (12)
8. Made it known if one was in a well-known setting (8)
9. Is not quick to make worm a legless lizard (4)
11. Boredom shown by nine about to make a forbidden turn (5)
12. Marine weapon, or depot that supplies it (7)
13. So waggish, it may put one’s back up (4)
15. Old slave had seen it coming to him (4)
19. The king perhaps hid Eve with the viceroy of Egypt (7)
20. More than one ens found in tea break (5)
22. A singer otherwise pronounced it to be fish (4)
23. He likes reading, and has his grub in the library (8)
24. Having people home may be diversionary (12)
2. Having dined, has some coffee at entertainment (5)
3. It’s not just if a run can be made from it (6)
4. Make something react differently with Ecstasy (6)
5. Sells, in error, such a malady (7)
6. Cromwell’s soldiers, and we old men Mary organised (3,5,4)
7. It doesn’t stand out from a number Laker might have
10. Get guns to go in the sleeve (3)
14. Secrets told about it holding a signal light (7)
16. Almost discover a bit of fish (3)
17. A hat made of a red mixture (6)
18. Count on being able to make knocker without a top (6)
21. Though cut by fifty per cent, Navy can still be sharp (5)
1. Severe (7)
5. System of beliefs (5)
8. Undetectable (13)
9. Also (3)
10. Usually (2,7)
12. Scare (6)
13. Bird house (6)
15. Hold firm (5,4)
16. Total (3)
18. For the most part (13)
20. Played with (5)
21. Ghost (7)
1. Move aimlessly (5)
2. About (13)
3. Stained (9)
4. Churchmen (6)
5. Baby bed (3)
6. Humiliation (13)
7. Veneer (7)
11. Newcomer in a religious
12. Worrier (7)
14. Proportions (6)
17. Perhaps (5)
19. Strange (3)
Across: 1. Rota 3. Needless 9. Corsair 10. Curve
11. Troublemaker 13. Nursed 15. Loiter 17. Out-of-fashion
20. Aries 21. Opinion 22. Rag trade 23. Ogle
Down: 1. Reciting 2. Torso 4. Earned 5. Dictatorship
6. Earnest 7. Step 8. Rabble-rouser 12. Ordnance
14. Rousing 16. Afford 18. Icing 19. Fair
Puzzles and horoscopes
Previous cryptic solution
Previous quick solution
Simon Shuker’s Code Cracker
Insert the missing letter to complete
an eight-letter word reading
clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Previous solution: MARIGOLD
How many words of three or more
letters, including plurals, can you make
from the e letters, using each letter
only once? No foreign words or words
beginning with a capital are allowed.
here s at least one e letter word.
Good 8 Ve ry Good 12 Excellent 16
Previous solution: ace, aced, acre,
acred, arc, arced, are, cad, cadre, car,
card, care, cared, cedar, dace, dare,
dear, ear, ecad, era, race, raced, rad,
Links Archive January 16th 2019 January 18th 2019 Navigation Previous Page Next Page