Home' Greymouth Star : January 18th 2019 Contents Greymouth Star
Friday, January 18, 2019 - 9
ARIES (Mar 21-Apr 19): When your truest desire is to
assist, the first step is to get to know the
person and understand what needs, wants,
fears and beliefs are in play. Only then can you
figure out the best way to serve and support.
TAURUS (Apr 20-May 20): You’re in no mood to be told
what to do, however well-meaning the other
person may be. Even if they are just trying to
protect you, show you love or share a skill,
they’d better have manners or it won’t go well.
GEMINI (May 21-Jun 21): Your pet project is like a friend.
You love to spend time with it, speak up for it,
go through the ups and downs, and do what
it takes to see it through. It’s not just business
or recreation. It’s a representation of you.
CANCER (Jun 22-Jul 22): You have no problem
delivering on your promises to others. When
it comes to fulfilling your own orders, you’re
not as vigilant. Make your wishes for yourself
a top priority. Let your actions reflect this.
LEO (Jul 23-Aug 22): You’ve had enough experience
with certain types of social situations to
know what you’re likely to enjoy. You need a
little enjoyment now so you may as well steer
clear of anything that’s not that.
VIRGO (Aug 23-Sep 22): Subtle, discomforting forces
at play make you feel like you’re sitting too
close to the air conditioning – a cool wind,
and too direct. You’ll feel better after you
move somewhere warmer and quieter.
LIBRA (Sep 23-Oct 23): When you feel the sandwich
needs a dill pickle, a sweet pickle won’t do.
Sure, they are both pickles, but the flavour is
entirely different. Bottom line: You want what
you want. Apply it across the board.
SCORPIO (Oct 24-Nov 21): The fact that humankind
needs entertainment and beauty to thrive is
nothing new. Even the cave dwellers painted
pictures and played instruments. Relax and
have fun. It’s part of what makes you human.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov 22-Dec 21): There’s a certain
urgency to matters, as you’re starting to
realise that if the job is done right and quickly
you just might pull off the feat you’ve been
working on for weeks.
CAPRICORN (Dec 22-Jan 19): The feeling behind a deal
matters. People spend money emotionally.
They react to the situation, go with what feels
easy given the circumstance, taking on a
“when in Rome” sort of attitude.
AQUARIUS (Jan 20-Feb 18): In police work, resisting
arrest is a serious crime. There’s an
authoritative voice in your head that’s a little
like an officer upholding your own personal
laws. It doesn’t like to be resisted either.
PISCES (Feb 19-Mar 20): Longfellow said, “All things
must change, to something new, to something
strange.” You look forward to the new day, ...it
may feel it’s not coming quick enough.
Fill the grid so that every column, every row and 3x3 box contains the digits 1 to 9.
Across: 1. Denunciation 8. Notified 9. Slow 11. Ennui
12. Torpedo 13. Arch 15. Esne 19. Khedive 20. Entia
22. Bass 23. Bookworm 24. Entertaining.
Down: 2. Eaten 3. Unfair 4. Create 5. Illness 6. New Model
Army 7. Unremarkable 10. Arm 14. Cresset 16. Fin
17. Fedora 18. Reckon 21. Thorn
2. School his manners for man wearing buttonhole (5)
5. The young beast, for not finishing with a novice driver! (4)
7. One may croak at it being belted for carrying sword (4)
8. Begs mistakenly to enter wartime service for women (8)
9. Stop one taking issue with Dad anyhow (8)
11. Leave car and quietly get on animal-transporter (4)
12. They rise above the rooftops, having pots (13)
15. Being pale brown is enough to make one cringe (4)
17. Hurry back and bleat about it updating the bagatelle (8)
19. Complete and unlimited, it makes us be a lot different (8)
21. Defensive armour one will pop in the post (4)
22. Things shod are returned quite effectively inside (4)
23. Died without one, so came back instead when given physic
1. Stop appearing right in it, a see-through coat (7)
2. Single engagement for US private at end of training (3)
3. One component of The Ring, work it takes an age to finish (5)
4. It is of some importance if wound discharges (7)
5. The charge for executing embarrassing leaders (3)
6. In the style of its coming at a later date (5)
10. Simple boy is a child I’m embraced by (5)
11. Place in Spain to find a friend upset about Cadiz finally (5)
13. Explain what may come to be known as the former banknote
14. Slaughter the unwell when monarch is around (7)
16. British Rail might make such a casual walk thorny (5)
18. Hasn’t got an objective finally in a variety of ends (5)
20. It is no longer fashionable to be unconscious (3)
21. Crackers to stop the flow when upside-down (3)
6. Sailor (7)
7. Implements (5)
9. Carton (3)
10. Unused skill or ability (9)
12. Lastingly (11)
15. Overbearing (5-6)
17. Support one view over
19. Scientific workplace (3)
21. Moor (5)
22. Amazing occurrence (7)
1. Horse-drawn cart (5)
2. Irish dance (3)
3. Prohibit (4)
4. Satisfied (9)
5. Distinctly (7)
8. Restrain (4,2)
11. Napkin (9)
13. Goat product (6)
14. Linked (7)
16. Deficiency (5)
18. Give off (4)
20. Devotee (3)
Across: 1. Drastic 5. Credo 8. Imperceptible 9. Too 10. In
general 12. Fright 13. Aviary 15. Stand fast 16. Sum
18. Predominately 20. Toyed 21. Spectre
Down: 1. Drift 2. Approximately 3. Tarnished 4. Clergy
5. Cot 6. Embarrassment 7. Overlay 11. Novitiate
12. Fusspot 14. Ratios 17. Maybe 19. Odd
Puzzles and horoscopes
Previous cryptic solution
Previous quick solution
Simon Shuker’s Code Cracker
Insert the missing letter to complete
an eight-letter word reading
clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Previous solution: INWARDLY
How many words of three or more
letters, including plurals, can you make
from the e letters, using each letter
only once? No foreign words or words
beginning with a capital are allowed.
here s at least one e letter word.
Good 7 Ve ry Good 11 Excellent 13
Previous solution: met, mop, mope,
mote, opt, pet, poem, poet, pom, pome,
pot, tempo, toe, tom, tome, top, tope
Links Archive January 17th 2019 January 19th 2019 Navigation Previous Page Next Page